Turkish taklas cannot land

Almost all color variations exist in USA

Turkish taklas cannot land

Postby A Karim » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:51 am

Hi Kurt

Thank you for this forum, I have found this site to be the most informative on Turkish Takla pigeons. I must say I got fond of this breed as soon as I saw their pictures and videos on the net. I was desperately looking for them and was able to manage one 10 weeks old and one 8 weeks old pairs from the same pair. I was told that these are Takla mardins. I tried to train them with my tipplers and until the age of 4 months they were flying for upto 30 minutes with my tipplers and tumbling like regular tumblers. After that they would become tired and land. Then one day they started to do combinations and couldn't land. They also developed the habit of sitting on nearby high buildings for hours and could only come down with much difficulty.

Today, one of the hens which is around 4 months old couldn't even land from the roof of my building and went to another direction tumbling. The last I saw her she was moving away from the loft towards another high building. It is night here and I don't know if she is going to return. In my country this is a very uncommon breed and the few people I know keep taklas as fancy pigeons. I have one pair left which may lay egg any day now. I don't know if I am doing anything wrong with the training. I feed them a pigeon mix which has most kind of grains( fancy pigeon mix) but now I have switched to wheat and paddy seeds only.

Is this a problem with the blood line I have? Feed? Trainging? I am really confused. It seems it is very difficult to train these birds. I tried to fly them almost everyday.

I could really use some advice from you and other fellow members. Thanks.
A Karim

Breeds: Turkish Takla Mardin

Re: Turkish taklas cannot land

Postby A Karim » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:59 am

A Karim

Breeds: Turkish Takla Mardin

Return to TAKLA