turkish tumbler colours.

Almost all color variations exist in USA

Re: turkish tumbler colours.

Postby hasseian_313 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:18 am

first off i never said they were better i was just showing the view points of the breed from a place out side turky and how ppl tend to breed in diffrent ways sacand the takla and the iraqi tumbler are realy the same breed sence the takla is the antsister of the iraq tumbler i was just showin that in iraq we breed preformence and shape and color say a bird in iraq flys long hrs and tumbles good if it has a single flight feather it is worthless in iraq but turkish breeders tent to care more to preformence and thats good actully its the way it should be in my opinion but i was just stating a diffrence in breeding styles of two nighboring countrys and if any one got offended i am sorry
hasseian_313

Breeds: iraqi, turkish pigeons, armenian highflyers, irani highflyers etc...

Postby hasseian_313 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:24 am

the birds your talking about are show birds mostly miskies and sabonies with yellow or bronze cheast thats a northern iraq typ in southern iraq we breed flyers http/ and the south we have more colors and longer beaks and birds fly long hrs up 16hr i love takla 2 i seen many great birds and flyers that match what i breed in my birds
www.iraqipigeons.webs.com
hasseian_313

Postby huss » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:12 pm

i just want say thank you to all of you people i have learned a lot i never new that i could mix the colors of Turkish tumblers i would think they would be cross's any ways i do have Turkish tumblers but i don't know there bloodlines could some one help me out pleas her's my youtube link http://www.youtube.com/user/husssskitz?feature=mhum
huss

Breeds: turkish tumblers, racing pigeons

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi Huss,
I think the best person to find out what bloodlines they are is the person you got the birds from.
Looking at the video, it looks like you have a few bloodlines there.
The blacks with white markings on their back seems like Ankara variety but hard to tell from the video.
Besides them there isn't a bird with distinct regional qualities.
Now, that doesn't mean they are no good.
It just means some one created them by their own standards and not focusing on traditional standards.
Which is quiet OK.
As long as they had the performance in mind, when different regions' birds were put in to a bloodline.
The ones with the rose crest seems to be a sharp group of birds also (could have some Sivas in them).
The silver head blue checker is a seperate bloodline from those two I am assuming (Mardin maybe??).
There are other checkers in different tones and some blue bars that are rather large birds which might be in the same group.
I am not sure where the double crested one fits in.
Does he have anything to do with the bloodlines of Engin Salim GURKAN??
Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Breeds: Takla, Kelebek

Postby hasseian_313 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:40 pm

first of in iraq their is many breeds ok the tumbler typ the takla i was just showing that we have diffrent point of views on the breed than ower turkish brothers in iraq breeding looks and preformance birds thats my whole point not saying that birds in turky are not goood looking u can find the same ones in iraq in turky but its those one we llok for in turky takla we have diffrent taste but some breeders have the same or some times they have birds not fown in iraq i love all pigeons i was showing a point of view i wasnt trying to compare or contrast so pliz dont take my words out om context for i respeact all breeds and breeders
hasseian_313

Postby Birdman79 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:18 pm

I don't think he was taking your words out of context,he was just saying that those birds were bred game,regardless of their looks.As in matching birds due to their flying ability instead of matching colors,etc.
Birdman79

Breeds: Turkish tumblers,Iranian tumblers,Baku tumblers,Pakistani highflyers.

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:01 pm

hasseian_313 wrote:first of in iraq their is many breeds ok the tumbler typ the takla i was just showing that we have diffrent point of views on the breed than ower turkish brothers in iraq breeding looks and preformance birds thats my whole point not saying that birds in turky are not goood looking u can find the same ones in iraq in turky but its those one we llok for in turky takla we have diffrent taste but some breeders have the same or some times they have birds not fown in iraq i love all pigeons i was showing a point of view i wasnt trying to compare or contrast so pliz dont take my words out om context for i respeact all breeds and breeders

What are you writing this message as a response to?
If it is regarding my last post it has nothing to do with you.
It is simply an answer to a question Huss asked.

Maybe it is the language, maybe the communication style or maybe the cultural differences I am not sure what the reason is, but to be honest half of the time I am not sure what you are saying.
For this reason I have left several of your messages unanswered.
One thing is clear to me you are missing the whole point of this website.

I see that any tumbler that is raised in Iraq is an Iraqy tumbler as far as you are concerned.
Which is fine but it is very much missinformed.

Most of the messages you are writing seems to be with the assumption the posts are addressing you.
There are a lot of questions coming from other fanciers also and most of the things you seem to be jumping up and down about are answers to those people and have nothing to do with you.

Either start communicating properly or stop wasting everyone's time.
Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Postby hasseian_313 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:12 pm

i sorry if you have been misled we have takla in iraq 2 but i was saying we breed diffrent in iraq than trukish breeders
preformince and shape , color is a must thats it if it is possible to delted my other commets go ahead sir
hasseian_313

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:51 pm

hasseian_313 wrote:if it is possible to delted my other commets go ahead sir

That is not necessary.
However, I will stop your membership just so you stop giving out wrong information, if you continue like this.
What I can tell you is this:
Before you take writings and photos of others to make a site for yourself, ask for permission.
Just out of courtesy.

Before starting to write on websites like this first truly learn the breeds you are talking about. There are many fanciers come and read the information provided in sites like this to have a solid start at a brand new breed. It is an injustice to pretend to understand a breed and give advises when you are the one in need of knowledge.

Now let’s clarify something; there are many tumbler breeds being raised in Iraq, just like in Turkey.
However, they are not one single breed.
If there is an Iraqi tumbler it is really what we call the Arabic tumbler and that bird will only tumble while flying strait and it belongs to the whole Arabic Peninsula.

Are there Takla type breeds in Iraq?
Yes.
There are a few kinds but 2 major types.

Main one is the type of birds you have on your site. These birds are descendents of Takla and exist in Turkey in every which color or form you can find in Iraq.
They will do tumble and climb type of a performance just like Taklas but only in the air.
They will never charge the coop.
Basically, they are not any different then the Syrian Coop Tumblers.

Can you find birds that look like them and charge the coop?
Yes, but they are merely mixed birds of two types of Takla and never will give you competition style performance.

The second kind of tumbler that is raised in Iraq does everything the Takla does.
That is because it is the Takla.
As you know there is a big population of Turkmens live in Iraq.
They brought the Takla to Iraq many years ago.
Since then they still come to Turkey to get truck loads of birds to take back each year.
Over time these birds got spread through out Iraq and most of the fanciers can not tell the difference between the two types.
As a result you have the mixed bird I have mentioned before.

I give it to your inexperience and maybe even youth that this conversation got here.
I have seen some excellent birds from Iraq that were raised by excellent fanciers.
Those man knew exactly what they had in their hands and respected the breed for what it is.
The difference is if they were to ever keep Birminghams also, they would do an excellent job with that too but never try to call the birds Iraqi Roller.
Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Postby grg » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:11 am

Kurt ,
What are the correct way to name the colors of birds on pics:

Thank you
Greg
grg

Breeds: Skycutters

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Hi Greg,
Generally, the ones with bars are called Sabuni and the checkers called Miski.
I say generaly because even though 90% of the people would name them in this way it is not always the correct naming.
The birds with the bars would be called Sabuni if they come from Brown base color and if they are from blue base color then the proper name would be Boz or Açık (opened or reduced).
The birds with the checks would be called Miski again if they are from Brown base color and if they are from blue base color Açık Çilli (opened or reduced freckles)
Any way, that is the technical part.
If you were to say Sabuni every one would know which photo you are talking about and same for the Miski.
I hope that helps.
Take care
Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Postby grg » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:17 am

Kurt,
Thank you for meaningful replay. Could you post some pics of brown and blue base birds as an example to distinguish phenotype variety?
Greg.
grg

Breeds: Skycutters

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi Greg,
To be honest it is not that easy to tell the difference.
You would have to know the bloodline or have to hold the bird in your hand to be able to tell if they are from Brown or Blue.
If you get one in your hands take a look at the primaries.
Brown based birds will have fading of the color outside the areas where the primaries overlap.
So, the longer primary will be lighter color at the tip where the following primary doesn’t cover it.
Almost like sun washed look.
You won't get that on the blues.
Then again the best way to figure it out is to breed from them and see what you get out of them.

I don't really have too many Takla photos but as I ran into different colors around the net I will post them here with the names for reference purposes in the future.
Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Mermeri (Marbled)

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Altınbaş (Golden-Head)

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:18 pm

Bird on the left is a mermeri

Kurt Gürsu