turkish tumbler colours.

Almost all color variations exist in USA

Re: Kaplan (Tiger)

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:03 pm

grg wrote:Thanks a lot for the posting of all that great pics.

You are wellcome. As I ran into quality picks here and there I will continue to post them here to give an idea with the color names etc.

grg wrote:The one under the name Kaplan is quite close to Kurgantubinskie Breed of Tajik's Tumblers. What is flight style of Kaplan? Are they charging coop?

These birds on the photos are all one breed. They are all Takla. Kaplan is a generic name given to any breed of bird with the same coloration. I am not sure what it is called in English.
Maybe Grizzle??

grg wrote:Also I see albescent (whitish) strip on the outer tail feathers of Erased Smokey Blue. Is Smokey just a local term?

That white strip is very common for all blue birds. It is on the outer edge of the last two tail feathers.
Does it have some genetic significans or something??
Smokey is a traditional name which is not specific to a location but used through out the country.
Now, that bird is a very very light smokey because of the erasing that takes place but if you take a look at the TRAINING article, the last photo on that page belongs to a bird that is only called Dumanlı, in other words Smokey.

grg wrote:PS: May I post some pics on pigeon genetics forum?

I really don't want the page to turn into a genetic discussion but if it is something like how you guys call this color type of a thing, can you please post it on Open Forum section?
I just want to make sure people don't get confused with different breed photos.
If you don't mind.
Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Breeds: Takla, Kelebek

Re: turkish tumbler colours.

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:30 pm

octavian wrote:Kurt can you please tell me how can i upload pictures on the forum? I wanted to put some but i don't know how

Take a look at the How do I put my photos in to the Breeders section topic.
I tried to give some examples there.
If you can't get it to work just send me the photos and I'll post them for you.
Welcome to the site.
Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Postby grg » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:51 am

Kurt Gürsu wrote:I really don't want the page to turn into a genetic discussion

Kurt,
Sorry for missleading. I just been asking permition to copy some of yours pics and post them for some outside of this one forum.
grg

Breeds: Skycutters

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:56 pm

grg wrote:Sorry for missleading. I just been asking permition to copy some of yours pics and post them for some outside of this one forum.

Really, it is my fault.
I didn't read your message properly.

You are more then welcome to post the picks on the forum.
This photo was published on the Nature Genetics / Nature Immunology Journal in 2005 which made me really happy to see one of my birds along an article of Darwin.

Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Postby Adana Man » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:27 pm

That bird is in great condition Kurt
Adana Man

Breeds: Adana, Dolapci

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Thank you Steve.
It was one of the birds I imported in 2000.
Unfortunately, the hen got injured during transport after the quarantine service and didn't live long after that.
Any way, I paired this one with a brown hen from my Ankara bloodline and got pretty decent youngsters.
When I paired this guy with one of his daughters I started getting excellent birds out of him.
I should ask Uğur Büyükölmez (much better memory) but I think this bird went through a hole that was dug the night before by a creature under the wall of my aviary into the neighbor’s yard and got caught by a cat outside.
After that I didn't keep the bloodline.
Gave them to friends.
I think, Uğur, Muhammet and Murat all still have this bloodline.
Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Postby grg » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:08 am

Adana Man wrote:That bird is in great condition Kurt

With Kurt's permission I've posted the pic of this bird on International site on the Turkish Tumblers forum. The Bird got all Five Starr from fanciers of that forum.
grg

Postby grg » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:30 am

pigeon8oi wrote:I HAVE 1 LAST QUESTION : WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY IN BREEDING ? CAN I MIX BROTHERS AND SISTERS OR WHAT IS THE SYSTEM FOR THAT?
i also would like to know if its ok to mix a pure black and a pure white together and what should i expect?.

I know, Kurt doesn't want this forum to be turned in to genetic discussion, but.....I will be trying to make as short story as possible.....
Brother to sister inbreeding is rated as close inbreeding technic. It could surprise you with both sides results.... but if the parents of this pare are from good bloodline you can get as same quality youngsters as its ancestress. Patience with selections will help for the best resalt
AS for the white/black pairing .... the short answer is you can get anything if your white is a recessive white( R/W). To distinguish recessive white from other whites you should pay attention to bird's eye color. Recessive whites have a bull eyes, while other ones( whites) have yellow and pearl .
R/W is a mutant ecstatic practically to any other color mutations , so with present of R/W in homozygous state in gen pull of the the bird all other mutants still there but only white is visible. Pairing R/W bird to the black one will result in heterozygous state of r/w gene in there youngsters (presumably black bird has no r/w gene in its make up) and all other mutants will take part in building of phenotype appearance of them.
Sorry if my thoughts as cloudy as dreams of the camel .....:-)
grg

Postby Adana Man » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:59 am

Kurt Gürsu wrote:Thank you Steve.
It was one of the birds I imported in 2000.
Unfortunately, the hen got injured during transport after the quarantine service and didn't live long after that.
Any way, I paired this one with a brown hen from my Ankara bloodline and got pretty decent youngsters.
When I paired this guy with one of his daughters I started getting excellent birds out of him.
I should ask Uğur Büyükölmez (much better memory) but I think this bird went through a hole that was dug the night before by a creature under the wall of my aviary into the neighbor’s yard and got caught by a cat outside.
After that I didn't keep the bloodline.
Gave them to friends.
I think, Uğur, Muhammet and Murat all still have this bloodline.

Shame that Kurt it always happens to the birds we like. Did you import the birds from turkey to the US? I've thought about trying to import some good Adana from Turkey how would i go about it?
Adana Man

Postby grg » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Adana Man wrote:I've thought about trying to import some good Adana from Turkey how would i go about it?

Big , big problem with import..... may be just eggs smuggling :-) ?
Another possibility ... get 'em to England, France or Austria (may be some other Eur. countries) and from there to Canada or US
grg

Postby Adana Man » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:00 pm

grg wrote:
Adana Man wrote:I've thought about trying to import some good Adana from Turkey how would i go about it?

Big , big problem with import..... may be just eggs smuggling :-) ?
Another possibility ... get 'em to England, France or Austria (may be some other Eur. countries) and from there to Canada or US

Hello grg i am in England 8-) lol
Adana Man

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:48 pm

grg wrote:I know, Kurt doesn't want this forum to be turned in to genetic discussion, but.....

This is good information in my opinion. Especially for people trying to figure out who to pair with who for different purposes.
I have no problems with it.
Bottom line everything we do is somewhat genetics.
I just want to keep that fine balance.
The word genetics is automatic deterrent for most Turkish fanciers because it is associated with show breeds.
For us performance guys it is easier to handle when it is called selective breeding ;)

grg wrote:Sorry if my thoughts as cloudy as dreams of the camel .....:-)

You cracked me up with this.
Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Postby Kurt Gürsu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:59 pm

Adana Man wrote:Shame that Kurt it always happens to the birds we like. Did you import the birds from turkey to the US? I've thought about trying to import some good Adana from Turkey how would i go about it?

It is the curse for the pigeon man.
The ones we like the most gets the axe.
I spend the whole season training a bunch of young birds and sure enough I loose the best performing young bird to the first hawk attack.
What can you do?

Yes, in 2000, I imported 12 birds from Turkey to US.
I am lucky because I didn't have to pay for the birds.
They all came from different friends as gifts.
I didn't even pay for the shipping but even then it cost me close to $3,000 with all the customs fees, broker dues, USDA, quarantine etc. etc. etc.

Since then we had couple of more imports with a few friends but since then we are not able to due to the bird flu.

Importing into EU is much easier. It al depends on the import regulations of each country but people from Germany, France and Holland take birds by the coops each year.
For us to bring some now, we have to go through one of the EU countries or Canada.

The main problem for you is going to be finding the right bird.
You gotto know people there.
Best bet is probably Germany again.

Uwe Seeger used to be pretty active in the internet environment.
Maybe he can help if you can hook up with him.
This is his site: http://www.extremtaubing.de/
Kurt Gürsu
Site Admin

Postby Adana Man » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:07 am

Thanks Kurt. I have a couple of very good friends in Germany and they are friends with some of the Turkish fanciers there. I will be visiting germany twice this year and we are going to see the turkish guys.
Steve...
Adana Man

Postby octavian » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:37 am

What about these?

octavian

Breeds: Taklas , Arabian Trumpeters

PreviousNext

Return to TAKLA