Training Adana dewlaps

Extremely rare but exist in USA

Training Adana dewlaps

Postby M Sheikh » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi guys

It would be really helpful If an experience dewlap keeper could explain how to train the young dewlaps in detail
Like kurt did with Taklas.

I have managed to fly my dewlap (6/7 month old) quite high and for about 10/15 min so far so good
But the problem is it doesn't respond when I wave my dropper.

It does come down when realise the other dewlap but like a normal pigeon WITHOUT DIVING

I know I'm doing something wrong so can someone help with some advise

Thanks
M jitu Sheikh
M Sheikh

Breeds: Turkish tumbler, Birmingham rollers, and Adana Dewlaps

Re: Training Adana dewlaps

Postby rollerdoneks » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:24 am

This is my first year with flying Adana's. First my birds came from Mehmet Serce, and he got his from Dick Taylor who imported them.
With my Doneks I am under the understanding that good ground work prior to them going up the first time is important. You must take small steps with these birds. This is let them go a little higher each time and then show the Dropper and if needed show more droppers. Never run out of droppers. These can be more Divers or whatever you are using for droppers.

The last time I flew was three days ago, nice cool day. The Doneks went up and I needed several droppers to bring them down. That day was the highest they went up. One three bird team was: one Black WF Adana with two Doneks they went up high and all came down together. The Adana was higher before the drop and she did come down first.

Some days the birds just don't want to come down! I am flying using my Donek method of training.
Dennis L. Radi
rollerdoneks

Breeds: Adana, Ottati Gohzar (Egyptian Swifts), Donek.

Postby PidgeonGlow » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:47 am

rollerdoneks wrote:This is my first year with flying Adana's. First my birds came from Mehmet Serce, and he got his from Dick Taylor who imported them.
With my Doneks I am under the understanding that good ground work prior to them going up the first time is important.

What training do you recommend for mastering the ground work? I want to do this properly as I'm new to flying pidgeons.
I think the https://skinnyexpress.com/the-3-week-diet-review 3 week diet is pretty good.
PidgeonGlow

Breeds: Pidgeons

Postby Peter » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:26 am

we flew was three days ago, nice cool day. The Doneks went up and I needed several droppers to bring them down. That day was the highest they went up. One three bird team was: one Black WF Adana with two Doneks they went up high and all came down together.
Follow My Journey PhenQ be a part of my struggle
Peter

Breeds: Persian

Return to ADANA